[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate() [function.getdate]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Antigua and Barbuda Tourism Group • View topic - roaming charges in Antigua? cheaper to roam or buy payas you

roaming charges in Antigua? cheaper to roam or buy payas you

roaming charges in Antigua? cheaper to roam or buy payas you

Postby jburton » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:15 pm

i am deciding whether to buy a cheap pay as you cell phone while in Antigua, or to use my Canadian phone (crackberry) with the appropriate card plugged in

last time we were there i used the phone i rented for maybe 12-15 minutes and 2 text messages (just taxi and meet-up coordination calls)

it is still my plan this time to avoid phone with back home

but...

i am a computer guy and even with people watching my servers there may be something it is better/faster/cheaper to call me about than work it through themselves

so i am trying to figure out what to do

we will also be in St. Kitts and Nevis for 4 days and Barbados for 1 on either side of the Antigua time, so i am leaning toward doing the roaming - even if my charges are $3/minute and $75 for the phone chip/card that will work out to be a lower cost than buying and i won't have be out of touch for the 5 other days...

thoughts/info?
jburton

Re: roaming charges in Antigua? cheaper to roam or buy payas

Postby -eli- » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:31 am

they are about the same as most places = ultra expensive.

I usually just buy a pay as you go. did that this past week in puerto rico and know i saved money. you may have to go into the town office for them to config the phone for data though, but i am not sure. both digicel and lime have pretty good data systems.
-eli-

Return to Getting to and around A&B