roaming charges in Antigua? cheaper to roam or buy payas you

roaming charges in Antigua? cheaper to roam or buy payas you

Postby jburton » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:15 pm

i am deciding whether to buy a cheap pay as you cell phone while in Antigua, or to use my Canadian phone (crackberry) with the appropriate card plugged in

last time we were there i used the phone i rented for maybe 12-15 minutes and 2 text messages (just taxi and meet-up coordination calls)

it is still my plan this time to avoid phone with back home

but...

i am a computer guy and even with people watching my servers there may be something it is better/faster/cheaper to call me about than work it through themselves

so i am trying to figure out what to do

we will also be in St. Kitts and Nevis for 4 days and Barbados for 1 on either side of the Antigua time, so i am leaning toward doing the roaming - even if my charges are $3/minute and $75 for the phone chip/card that will work out to be a lower cost than buying and i won't have be out of touch for the 5 other days...

thoughts/info?
jburton

Re: roaming charges in Antigua? cheaper to roam or buy payas

Postby -eli- » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:31 am

they are about the same as most places = ultra expensive.

I usually just buy a pay as you go. did that this past week in puerto rico and know i saved money. you may have to go into the town office for them to config the phone for data though, but i am not sure. both digicel and lime have pretty good data systems.
-eli-

Return to Getting to and around A&B